This is one that I use often when I can't think of what else to make. Everyone in the house will eat it and you can add pretty much what ever strikes your culinary fancy. I often omit the sun dried tomatoes as I CAN"T STAND those suckers. Instead I throw in a couple of diced up tomatoes.
Other past additions include sautéed crimini mushrooms (yummy) canned asparagus (NOT yummy) extra Parmesan cheese (always yummy) corn (not yummy) diced then sautéed prosciutto (delicious) hot sauce (yummy but not toddler friendly) Asiago cheese (lets be real here I will eat any cheese with pretty much anything) are a few I have used int he past. As for the Cajun seasoning, Superstore sells it in a canister that has a grinder in the lid which I find provides even better flavour.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.