Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mamma's Can See Past the Mucous

I love that baby. Man, I love her more then the sun is high, further than the stars and the moon. I just spent 15 minutes rocking my very sick baby girl back to sleep.

She was dripping, gargling with so much ick, standing at the side of her crib quietly sobbing. I came into her room and she reached for me. I scooped her up, settled into the rocking chair. She snugged her hand under the collar of my night shirt, against my skin and settled her head into the crook of my arm. (only after rubbing the remaining ick I couldn't swipe with a Kleenex, all over my chest) She sighed and as I rocked her, little snores mimicked the creak of the wood floor. Sigh. Even at her sickest, most mucous filled I still love her so much I can barely breathe, and I'm not the one with a cold.

Just wanted to share.

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing Chris. She really is beautiful and you capture that love so well. Pretty much wanted to cry reading this.

    ReplyDelete