Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The perils of baby groups

Last week baby girl and I made the rounds to four different baby groups. At each one there were children (notice the plural) who were sick enough to make me wince. Mucous flying everywhere. NOT pretty. Now baby girl is sick. Sick sick. Shes flinging mucous everywhere in an attempt to evade the Kleenex's I keep trying to mop up some of it with. Yuck. Its just yuck around here.

I try Internets, I really try to not gag when she buries her face into the crock of my neck. The thing is, I know that once she lifts her head she will leave behind a sticky, scummy mess of nasal junk all over my neck, shoulder and the ends of my hair. I will be able to feel it through my shirt. Its those moments I feel so frustrated and (I'll admit it) angry at those who bring their little ones to a baby group when they are so obviously sick. I understand how claustrophobic you can feel spending all day locked up in the house with a small child. Trust me, I get it. But oh man its way worse when they are sick. But I beg all mommies and daddies out there, please don't share the misery.

I guess in some ways I might just be projecting my guilt, the whirlwind of "Mommy and Me" drowned baby girl and I both. I over did it. I feel this compulsion I cant explain to go out and do everything that there is to do. I want to cram as much fun in as possible, and in the process have seemed to have made us both miserable.

I think I have learned my lesson Internets. One "mommy and me" thing per week. And if there is a sick kid, leave immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon!

    I am copying you...well actually I had one before, but never used it. So I deleted all my old blogs, and started again!! Come and see me!
    http://bjfowler1981.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete